The Wellness Program provides an emotional check-in for students during their regular school-day.
The goal is to strengthen systems of health within our community by providing high quality mental health resources. Through collaboration with community partners and dedication to the young lives in SETX, the Wellness Program helps high school students build the foundation for a healthy life.
Why is the Wellness Program Important?
- It provides early identification of mental health concerns associated with an increased risk of suicide.
- It connects students and families with mental health services and other community resources.
- It aids school districts in providing the necessary support to students who may not have been identified otherwise.
- It starts conversations and provides education about emotional wellness.
What is Emotional Wellness?
Emotional wellness is the ability to successfully cope with life’s stresses and adapt to changes and challenging times. It involves an awareness, understanding, and acceptance of your emotions.
What Does The Wellness Screening Screen For?
- Suicidal Ideations/Attempts
- Substance Use
- Peer/Prosocial Concerns
- Conduct Concerns
- Home Life Concerns